Leading Minds and Landmark Ideas In An Easily Accessible Format
From the preeminent thinkers whose work has defined an entire field to the rising stars who will redefine the way we think about business, The Harvard Business Review Paperback Series delivers the fundamental information today's professionals need to stay competitive in a fast-moving world.
From managing diversity to exploring alternative workplaces to debunking myths about compensation, the topics covered in this collection address how to build organizations with judicious and effective systems for managing people. A Harvard Business Review Paperback.
Table of contents :
1. What Holds the Modern Company Together? By Rob Goffee and Gareth Jones
2. Pygmalion in Management by J. Sterling Livingston
3. Six Dangerous Myths About Pay by Jeffrey Pfeffer
4. Empowerment: The Emperor's New Clothes by Chris Argyris
5. Making Differences Matter: A New Paradigm for Managing Diversity by David A. Thomas and Robin J. Ely
6. The Alternative Workplace: Changing Where and How People Work by Mahlon Apgar, IV
7. The Set-Up-To-Fail Syndrome by Jean-François Manzoni and Jean-Louis Barsoux
8. The Necessary Art of Persuasion by Jay A. Conger
About the Contributors