COMMUNITY NUTRITION IN ACTION, 5e, INTERNATIONAL EDITION introduces the program planning, policies, resources, and nutrition issues specific to community nutrition and provides an understanding of creating and implementing nutrition programs from various constituencies (elderly populations, children, impoverished populations, college students, etc.). Successful practitioners in community nutrition have proven to have a mind and skill set that opens them up to new ideas and ventures. Incorporating an entrepreneurial approach, this book helps readers learn how to take risks, try new technologies, and use fresh approaches to improving the public's nutrition and health status. The book also delivers the core material important to those who will be active in solving community nutritional and health problems, including program delivery, nutrition education, nutrition assessment, and planning nutrition interventions.
Table of contents :
1. Opportunities in Community Nutrition.
2. Assessing Community Resources.
3. Assessing the Target Population's Nutritional Status.
4. Program Planning for Success (Prof. Focus is Nutrition Care Process).
5. Principles of Epidemiology.
6. The Art and Science of Policy Making
7. A National Nutrition Agenda for the Public's Health
8. Addressing the Obesity Epidemic: An Issue for Public Health Policy.
9. Health Care Systems and Policy.
Section Two : Community Nutritionists in Action: Delivering Programs.
10. Food Insecurity and the Food Assistance Programs.
11. Mothers and Infants: Nutrition Assessment, Services, and Programs.
12. Children and Adolescents: Nutrition Issues, Services, and Programs.
13. Growing Older: Nutrition Assessment, Services, and Programs.
14. World Hunger and Food Insecurity: Challenges and Opportunities.
Section Three : Community Nutritionists in Action : Guiding Nutrition
15. Understanding and Achieving Behavior Change.
16. Gaining Cultural Competence in Community Nutrition.
17. Principles of Nutrition Education.
18. Marketing Nutrition and Health Promotion.
19. Managing Community Nutrition Programs.
20. Building Grantsmanship Skills.
Appendix A: Nutrition Assessment and Screening.
Appendix B: Complementary Nutrition and Health Therapies.
Appendix C: The SMOG Readability Formula.