The presentation of the subject matter is very systematic and the language of text is in a lucid, direct and easy to understand manner.
The book provides a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter under wide range of topics mentioned in the syllabus common to the above mentioned universities, including a large number of solved examples to support the text wherever required.
large number of solved examples, properly graded, have been added in various chapters to enable the students to attempt different types of questions in the examination without any difficulty.
At the end of each chapter Highlights, Objective Type Questions, Theoretical Questions and Unsolved Examples have been added to make the book a complete unit in all respects.
PART - A
1. Basic Concepts of Thermodynamics
2. First Law of Thermodynamics
3. Second Law of Thermodynamics and Entropy
4. Availability and Irreversibility
PART - B
5. Gas Power Cycles
6. Internal Combustion Engines
7. Mechanics and Simple Machines.
8.Machines of Solids