A complete revision of our market-leading text, INTRO TO BUSINESS introduces students to the role of business in the lives of individuals, consumers, workers, and citizens. Coverage includes small-business management, business fundamentals, career planning, social responsibility and ethics, basic economics, technology, financial operations, risk management, consumer decision-making, and insurance. This text is designed for the very first course many business students take; therefore, it covers business and finance topics with a survey-like approach.
Table of Contents
1. Economic Decisions and Systems.
2. Economic Activity.
3. Business in the Global Economy.
4. Social Responsibility of Business and Government.
5. Business Organization.
6. Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship.
7. Management and Leadership.
8. Human Resources, Culture, and Diversity.
9. Career Planning and Development.
11. Business and Technology.
12. Financing a Business.
13. Production and Business Operations.
14. Risk Management.
15. Consumers in a Global Economy.
16. Money Management and Financial Services.
17. Banking and Financial Services.
18. Consumer Credit.
19. Savings and Investment Strategies.
Appendix. Math Skills.