Financial Management: Theory & Practice, 11th Edition -Brigham
An understanding of finance theory is absolutely essential if students are to develop and implement effective financial strategies. Similarly, students simply must have a working knowledge of the financial environment. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: THEORY AND PRACTICE remains the only text in the market that presents a balance of financial theory and applications. Authors Brigham and Ehrhardt maintain the same four goals that have made their text a course favorite through each edition: helping learners to make good financial decisions, providing a solid text for the introductory MBA course, motivating learners by demonstrating finance is relevant and interesting, and presenting the material clearly. Plus, with access to ThomsonNOW for Finance as well as Thomson ONE-Business School Edition, FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: THEORY AND PRACTICE offers the most comprehensive teaching and learning solution you will find.
Table of Contents
Part One: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT.
1. An Overview of Financial Management and the Financial Environment.
Web Extension 1A: A Closer Look at Markets: Securitization and Social Welfare.
Web Extension 1B: An Overview of Derivatives.
Web Extension 1C: A Closer Look at the Stock Markets.
2. Time Value of Money.
Web Extension 2A: Continuous Compounding.
Web Extension 2B: The Tabular Approach.
3. Financial Statements, Cash Flow, and Taxes.
Web Extension 3A: The Federal Income Tax System for Individuals.
4. Analysis of Financial Statements.
Part Two: SECURITIES AND THEIR VALUATION.
5. Bonds, Bond Valuation, and Interest Rates.
Web Extension 5A: A Closer Look at Zero Coupon Bonds.
Web Extension 5B: A Closer Look at TIPS: Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities.
Web Extension 5C: A Closer Look at Bankruptcy and Reorganization.
Web Extension 5D: A Closer Look at Bond Risk: Duration.
Web Extension 5E: The Pure Expectations Theory and Estimation of Forward Rates.
6. Risk, Return, and the Capital Asset Pricing Model.
Web Extension 6A: Continuous Probability Distributions.
Web Extension 6B: Estimating Beta with a Financial Calculator.
7. Portfolio Theory and Other Asset Pricing Models.
8. Stocks, Stock Valuation, and Stock Market Equilibrium.
Web Extension 8A: Derivation of Valuation Equations.
9. Financial Options and Applications in Corporate Finance.
Web Extension 9A: The Binomial Approach.
Part Three: PROJECTS AND THEIR VALUATION.
10. The Cost of Capital.
Web Extension 10A: The Divisional Cost of Capital.
Web Extension 10B: Estimating Growth Rates.
Web Extension 10C: The Cost of Equity in the Nonconstant Dividend Growth Model.
Web Extension 10D: New Equity Issues and the Marginal WACC.
11. The Basics of Capital Budgeting: Evaluating Cash Flows.
Web Extension 11A: The Accounting Rate of Return (ARR).
12. Cash Flow Estimation and Risk Analysis.
Web Extension 12A: Replacement Project Analysis.
Web Extension 12B: The Risk-Adjusted Project Cost of Capital.
13. Decision Trees, Real Options, and Other Capital Budgeting Topics.
Web Extension 13A: The Abandonment Real Option.
Web Extension 13B: Risk-Neutral Valuation.
Part Four: CORPORATE VALUATION AND GOVERNANCE.
14. Financial Planning and Forecasting Financial Statements.
Web Extension 14A: Financing Feedbacks.
Web Extension 14B: Advanced Techniques for Forecasting Financial Statement Accounts.
15. Corporate Valuation, Value-Based Management, and Corporate Governance.
Part Five: STRATEGIC FINANCING.
16. Capital Structure Decisions: The Basics.
Web Extension 16A: Degree of Leverage.
17. Capital Structure Decisions: Extensions.
18. Distributions to Shareholders: Dividends and Repurchases.
Part Six: TACTICAL FINANCIAL DECISION.
19. Initial Public Offerings, Investment Banking, and Financial Restructuring.
Web Extension 19A: Rights Offerings.
20. Lease Financing.
Web Extension 20A: Percentage Cost Analysis.
Web Extension 20B: Leasing Feedback.
Web Extension 20C: Leveraged Leases.
21. Hybrid Financing: Preferred Stock, Warrants, and Convertibles.
Web Extension 21A: Calling Convertible Issues.
Part Seven: SPECIAL TOPICS.
22. Working Capital Management.
Web Extension 22A: Secured Short-Term Financing.
23. Derivatives and Risk Management.
Web Extension 23A: Risk Management with Insurance.
Web Extension 23B: Bond Portfolio Immunization.
24. Bankruptcy, Reorganization, and Liquidation.
Web Extension 24A: Multiple Discriminant Analysis.
25. Mergers, LBOs, Divestitures, and Holding Companies.
Web Extension 25A: Comparison of Alternative Valuation Models.
26. Multinational Financial Management.
27. Providing and Obtaining Credit.
28. Advanced Issues in Cash Management and Inventory Control.
29. Pension Plan Management.
30. Financial Management in Not-for-Profit Businesses.